Innovative Conscripts Awarded at the INNOINT Invention Contest for Conscripts 2004
Prizes in the INNOINT Invention Contest are awarded the sixth time this year. A record number of 94 entries took part in the contest. The Jury decided to present five equal prizes and one honourable mention. Chief of the Defence Staff, Lieutenant General Kari Rimpi hands out the prizes at the INNOFINLAND awards ceremony on 16 November 2004 at the National Board of Patents and Registration of Finland.
INNOINT Prizes 2004 (3,000 euros and an honorary diploma) were presented to
- Lance Corporal Roope Hakkola, Vantaa: Sight adjustment key attached to spoon-fork
- Artilleryman Seppo Koponen, Kuopio: Sight cleaner for an assault rifle
- Light Infantryman of the Guards Tatu Petersen-Jessen, Helsinki: Font, Sa-Int M/03
- Corporal Mikko Ruotsalainen, Kuopio: Telephone tester, M/04
- Second Lieutenant Juha Töyräs, Kuopio: ATAK, Application for Analysing of and Training in Losses Caused by a Nuclear Strike
The honourable mention (800 euros and an honorary diploma) was presented to
- Lance Corporal Samuli Vauramo, Helsinki and Student Jesse Viljanen, Espoo: A proposal for a means to improve the care of hygiene in field circumstances
INNOINT is an invention contest for conscripts. The purpose of the contest is to encourage conscripts to adopt an innovative, creative and enterprising way of thinking. In order to achieve this, the contest awards inventions, ideas or methods that can be regarded as having general significance.
The contest is organised by Finnish Defence Forces, National Board of Patents and Registration of Finland, Foundation for Finnish Inventions, Finnish Inventors' National Federation and INNOFINLAND.
Further details on the prizewinners:
Secretary-General of the Conscript Committee Henrik Husu, tel. +358 (0)9 181 22397