The purpose of Innofinland is to promote creativity, skill, entrepreneurial spirit and co-operation in Finland in a practical and creative way in order to nationally improve opportunities for wellbeing.
Innofinland was established in 1994 and President of the Republic Tarja Halonen acts as the patron of the project.
- Theme: "Intelligent systems and services – a better functioning world"
- Regional Innofinland Contests and regional events. Events supporting innovation activities and entrepreneurship are
organised in different parts of Finland. The regional Innofinland
Prizes are handed out in the events organised in the autumn. The
events are co-ordinated by regional committees whose members are local
experts in our background organisations. The Centres for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment are in
charge of the work of the committees.
- Nation-wide Innofinland Contest. The participants in the contest may comprise companies, organisations or private persons, whose ideas, inventions or innovations have significantly promoted business activities, entrepreneuship in general and the placing of inventions on the market. Entries for the contest must be filed on 30 September 2011 at the latest. Read more.
- Innoint Invention Contest for Conscripts. The purpose of the Contest is to encourage conscripts to engage in innovative, creative, and enterprising activities. Read more.
- Innoschool Innovation Event for school pupils. This event which furthers pupils' inventiveness and entrepreunial spirit takes place at the beginning of the autumn term. This year, it is directed at vocational institutes and the first and second grades of comprehensive schools in the Mikkeli region. Read more.
- National Innovation Day. The national Prizes of the President of the Republic, the Innoint Prizes and the Innoschool Prizes are presented at the main Innofinland awards ceremony in November/December.