Innofinland Contest 2011
The contest can be entered by businesses, organisations or persons whose ideas, inventions or innovations have significantly promoted business activities, entrepreneurship in general and the introduction of inventions on the market, and thereby such factors as creativity, skill, entrepreneurial spirit and co-operation in Finland.
We welcome entries in all fields of invention. Besides technological innovations or service innovations, we also wish to take up innovations which combine technological and service innovations.
The Innofinland Prize benefits businesses
(Innofinland’s comparative study 2003)
- The innovation and business become more known on the market.
- The business attracts more customers.
- The business receives more orders and invitations to tender.
- The business receives publicity.
The regional contest and the nationwide contest
An entry can be submitted in one region only. The entries to the contest will be treated as confidential. If the entry involves protection by industrial property rights, it is the responsibility of the participant to apply for protection.
One to three entries from the regions continue to the nationwide contest. Jury members and their experts cannot enter the contest. The accompanying material submitted with the entries will be returned only when explicitly requested.
The grounds for the awards include:
- The idea, invention or innovation has substantially promoted business activities.
- The activities have furthered the introduction of inventions on the market.
- The innovativeness of the product or service and the advantage to the customer.
- The continuity of activities; R&D and level of technology; promotion of employment and the competitive situation in the field.
How to enter
Submit the entry form and the accompanying documentation at the latest on 30 September 2011 to your local Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment (ELY Centre).
For further details, please contact our bureau.